The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) will accept the Bangkok Vision 2030 at its summit this year in Thailand, according to the Secretary of the East in the Ministry of External Affairs.
About Bangkok Vision 2030:
• Thailand came up with the Bangkok Vision 2030, which aims to make the BIMSTEC area more prosperous, stable, and open. The goal of the strategy is to move forward on a path that leads to sustainable and balanced growth.
- The BIMSTEC draught text was talked about at the 19th BIMSTEC ministerial meeting, which Thailand will hold in March 2023.The goal of the document is to support BIMSTEC as a peaceful, stable, and economically stable area. The goals in Vision 2030 are the same as the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and the bio-circular green economic plan of Thailand.
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is a regional organisation set up in 1997 by the Bangkok Declaration.
- Bhutan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and Thailand are all members of this group.
- In 2022, the BIMSTEC plan was approved, laying the groundwork for the organisation to work as a full-fledged group.
- As the current chair, Thailand has been working to strengthen the organisation in three ways: by improving regional connectivity (with the help of the maritime transport corporation), getting all stakeholders involved, and boosting BIMSTEC’s internal strength. • Thailand is promoting projects under the BIMSTEC master plan for connectivity, which is a 10-year plan that covers roads, railways, civil aviation, maritime transport, and more.