Table of Contents
Suvigya S Chandra IAS Biography
My past performance in UPSC CSE Mathematics Optional Paper (IAS)
2019: 134 + 142 = 276
2020: 122 + 123 = 245
2021: 140 + 157 = 297 (Rank 394)
Suvigya S Chandra UPSC Booklist
Suvigya S Chandra Mathematics Optional
UPSC Civil Services Examination
Strategy to tackle Mathematics optional:
1) IMS Notes/Standard textbooks – Theory understanding
2) Previous Years Questions – last 10 years both IAS and IFoS papers
3) Practice, Practice and Practice – Test Series (IMS recommended)
Things to take care about Mathematics optional preparation:
1) Make short notes of optional only if you have time, else refer to my notes (or any other topper notes) for saving time and effort.
2) While writing answers for Maths Questions, try to write as neatly as possible, with proper statements/headings/sub parts/theorems used (Don’t make your answer copy like a rough sheet) it will help you put a good impression and make your answers standout ahead of average answer-copies.
3) Track your per-question time with accuracy and honesty (use stopwatch digital – allowed in UPSC Exam Centres)
Always remember few things/Mindset for Mains Mathematics Optional:
1) Rather than attempting all questions in a hurry, first write those answers which can you can accurately attempt. (Don’t keep a target of 250/250 marks, it increases pressure)
2) Have confidence in yourself while solving questions, basics can help you solve any question if steps are followed sincerely.
3) Have a clear mind while solving the questions, NO laziness in writing all the steps increases the chance of silly mistakes (like + and – sign, factor multiplication/division, copying down question expressions etc.)