Ravi Kumar Sihag’s journey to becoming an IAS Officer is very inspiring for the youth of India who aspire to work in the same field. Born and raised in the small district of Sriganganagar in the Indian state of Rajasthan. Ravi Kumar Sihag was born into a poor, financially unstable farming family.
Table of Contents
- 1 Ravi Sihag IAS Booklist UPSC CSE
- 2 Ravi Sihag (IAS Topper) Wiki, Age, Caste, Family, Biography & More
- 3 Ravi Sihag UPSC Topper Marksheet
- 4 Ravi Sihag UPSC Marksheet (Mains)
- 5 Ravi Sihag UPSC Marksheet (Prelims)
- 6 Ravi Sihag Total Attempt in UPSC CSE
- 7 Ravi Sihag UPSC Prelims Strategy
- 8 What to do in UPSC exam hall by Ravi Sihag UPSC Topper?
- 9 Ravi Sihag UPSC IAS Booklist for UPSC CSE Exam
- 10 Strategy for UPSC CSE Mains Exam by Ravi Sihag IAS
- 11 Ravi Sihag UPSC Answer Writing Copy
- 12 Ravi Sihag IAS (Instagram & Twitter I’d)
- 13 Ravi Kumar Sihag biography (Wiki)
- 14 Ravi Kumar Sihag Family
- 15 Ravi Sihag Education
- 16 Ravi Kumar Sihag UPSC (Optional Subject)
- 17 Ravi Kumar Sihag Journey from not clearing UPSC Mains to becoming Hindi Medium UPSC Topper
- 18 Ravi Kumar Sihag Optional Subject
- 19 Ravi Kumar Sihag 12th Marksheet
- 20 Ravi Kumar Sihag Posting
- 21 Ravi Kumar Sihag Social Media (Twitter & Instagram)
- 22 FAQ about Ravi Kumar Sihag UPSC Topper?
- 23 Q. Who is Ravi Kumar Sihag?
- 24 Q. Where did Ravi Kumar Sihag take coaching?
- 25 Q. At what age Ravi Kumar Sihag become IAS?
- 26 Who is father of Ravi Kumar sihag?
Ravi Sihag IAS Booklist UPSC CSE
Ravi Sihag (IAS Topper) Wiki, Age, Caste, Family, Biography & More
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|in kilograms- 74 kg
in pounds- 163 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|Date of Birth
|2 November 1995
|Age (as in 2022)
|27 Years old
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|Vijayanagar, Sriganganagar Rajasthan
|New of Senior Secondary School, Vijayanagar.
|Maharaja Ganga Singh College, Rajasthan
|Graduation in Political Science
| Father (Farmer) – Ramkumar Sihag,
Mother (Housewife) – Vimala Devi
|Dal bati Churma, Gatte Ki Sabzi, Ker Sangri, Ghevar
|1. Aamir Khan · 2. Akshay Kumar 3. Shah Rukh Khan ·
4. Ajay Devgn · 5. Amitabh Bachchan ·
|K.G.F: Chapter 2
|Favourite TV Show(s)
|Kaun Banega Crorepati ·
|The Passenger, by Cormac McCarthy.
|Bonnie Garmus, Rosie Andrews, Ayanna Lloyd Banwo.
|Girls, Affairs and More
|Salary (as in 2018)
|₹56100/month + other allowances (Junior IAS Officer) Worth (approx.) ₹10 Lakh (as in 2022
Ravi Sihag UPSC Topper Marksheet
|Total Marks out of 2025
Ravi Sihag UPSC Marksheet (Mains)
Ravi Sihag UPSC Marksheet (Prelims)
Ravi Sihag Total Attempt in UPSC CSE
- First attempt: 337th rank and Indian Defense Accounts Service in the year 2018
- Second attempt: 317th rank and Indian Railway Transport Service (IRTS) cadre in the year 2019
- Third attempt: Couldn’t even clear the main exam in the year 2020
- Fourth attempt: 18th rank in the year 2021. Become a Hindi medium topper.
Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. Soon I will share my strategy with you. If you have any query feel free to ask. Thank you
Ravi Sihag UPSC Prelims Strategy
Hello friends. This message is for all those candidates who are giving preliminary exam this time. In this message, I will not give any kind of strategy related salaah but it is necessary to keep some points in mind.
- It is necessary to keep the main focus in preliminary examination that knowledge is on one side and what and how you are managing the paper in those two hours is more important.
- Today and tomorrow are not the days to take much stress. Be shant and read as much as you can.
- It is normal to forget the time of preliminary exam, don’t panic it happens to everyone.
- Remembering only those facts today and tomorrow on which UPSC asks more like rivers, national parks, international institutions etc.
- It is most important to take sleep. There was a direct relation between my marks and sleep in all the three times. One of the reasons for getting so many marks this time was also taking enough sleep. And yes, not being able to sleep last night can also be normal, so go to sleep around your sleep time. Don’t sleep too early in order to sleep more.😅
- Eat well for two days and take care of your health. Good health means good exam.
- The last thing is that you have prepared very well and if you are calm and take out those two hours, then no one can stop your selection in the preliminary examination.
What to do in UPSC exam hall by Ravi Sihag UPSC Topper?
🔴 In the exam hall
I will not say much about pen, admit card, photo etc because it is expected from you.
Fill the Roll no carefully. This mistake can be very heavy.
If you are not able to understand the Hindi translation of the questions, read their English translation also once.
Once you have solved the paper, fill all the questions you have attempted in the OMR.
Never doubt your intuition.It means that fill only the option which is coming in your mind for the first time.Don’t make mistake by applying too much brain.
Perhaps these are very general things, but in the pursuit of more special things, we have forgotten the general.
The advice given by me is based on my experience. It is not final. One can modify it according to his/her need and experience because everyone’s nature is different.
Thank you . best of luck to all
Ravi Sihag UPSC IAS Booklist for UPSC CSE Exam
Will put a message very soon for the book list.
Right now I am not able to find time for this channel. Just putting a small list of basic books here. Soon I will discuss each topic and paper in full detail according to the entire UPSC syllabus.
This list is also based on my experience. Every person is free to modify it according to his own because no one strategy is final.
Polity- ncert 11 12 and laxmikant.
History -old ncert 11 12 and new 6-12(drishti quick book selected chapters also read the)
Geo -6-12 ncert plus youtube par rajtanil madam’s lectures(mrunal youtube channel)
Economics-11-12 ncert plus mrunal sir notes.
Environment drishti quickbook.
✅ First of all pick up the syllabus and read it completely and keep looking at the question papers of previous years so that you can get an idea of how UPSC asks questions and read the books accordingly.
Thank you .
Strategy for UPSC CSE Mains Exam by Ravi Sihag IAS
Greetings friends .
Hope you all are healthy and happy.
I am sharing this post for those who have given the preliminary exam this time.
⭕️ People whose marks are showing that it will happen.
- Start preparing for mains by pressing now.
- First of all pick up the previous years papers and read them 2-3 times. This will give you an idea of how the paper is asked.
- Stay focused on GS Paper 1, GS4 and Optional Papers till the result is out. Make a target for the optional that it has to be completed in those days. Those who have Hindi literature should start reading Vikas Sir’s notes in vision. That’s all I read. If you are getting bored, you can read novels etc. to help in the interpretation.
- Start writing some answers of old papers in the day so that hand practice starts because warm up is necessary friends. A lot of lives are going to be lost in the future.
- Let me share with you the material studied in GS 1 as I will write separately for Ethics
— modern india – selected chapters of 12th old ncert plus spectrum
— Art and culture- fine arts NCERT and vision IAS notes.
— post independence- 12th political science NCERT (vision IAS notes can also be read in short)
— world history – for this no specific material was found. Ek dost se drishti ias k class notes leke padhe bus.
— Indian society- vision ias notes. Good example is very important in this paper, for that it should be collected with the help of internet.
— geography- ncert 11-12, mrunal rajtanil ma’am lectures ppt, current affairs.
—- GS 1 Vision and Drishti or any other coaching previous test series answers should also be read
Short notes can be made of big topics. For that in some time I will also share the samples of notes as I do not have them now.
Note- By telling the list of these books, I do not mean that you leave what you have read and engage in them. I had read these books and if you want you can read them for value addition. If someone feels that similar content is in some other book, then feel free to read the same. But before reading any subject, see the PYQ and also see the toppers copy of the test related to them (hindi and english dono medium). Look at their copy and think what you can do better than them.
Thanks friends Eat well, sleep well, do some physical exercise and get to work.
⭕️⭕️ Those friends whose luck is not working this time, don’t be disappointed. This exam demands patience and continuous hard work. So stay tuned and soon I will share a post with suggestions for the future. And you have worked very hard and not being in pre this time does not in any way indicate any deficiency in you.
Thank you .
Ravi Sihag UPSC Answer Writing Copy
Sharing some of my test copies. Hope you get some help from this for answer writing. Also I will share strategy for mains paper 4 ethics in a day or two because Hindi students can do well in this paper.
- I didn’t have any strategy for CSAT because I had prepared for SSC, so maths was good for me, so never read anything for this paper, so I am not the right person to tell the strategy for this paper. But don’t take this paper lightly. If I like any strategy of any other topper, I will share it with you.
- Apart from the links of test copies which have been sent now, I also have some copies which have not been uploaded. That too will soon be uploaded on some website and I will share the link with you. It also includes the essay written in my test this year.
- I will upload the copies of notes and some essays made by me after about 10-12 days because I am still on my training and I don’t have any notes or other reading material yet.
Ravi Sihag IAS (Instagram & Twitter I’d)
I do not have any YouTube channel. I am active on Instagram and Twitter. Avoid fake account on facebook etc also because I rarely use it.
Please avoid runoff.
And block or report any fake link or person coming in the comment section who is writing in my name, asking to follow something or asking for money. In today’s digital age, digital Be properly educated.
Thank you .
Ravi Kumar Sihag biography (Wiki)
Each year, tens of thousands of applicants attempt the UPSC Civil Services Examination with the hopes of becoming officers like IAS and IPS. Fewer than a thousand applicants are chosen in each of these. The percentage of successful Hindi-speaking applicants among these thousand is minuscule.
Despite receiving relatively few selections, Ravi Kumar Sihag placed 18th overall, however he ranked first in the Hindi language. He has successfully completed a hat-trick of UPSC exams. In three of the four attempts, success was achieved. Additionally, it was in Hindi.
From Hindi language The top-ranking UPSC candidate, Ravi Kumar Sihag, was born on November 2, 1995, in Vijayanagar, Sriganganagar, Rajasthan. He is best known for passing the UPSC through the Hindi medium in 2021 with a score of 18, and for taking the exam for the first time in 2018. He then cleared the UPSC examination by getting the 18th position in 2021.
Ravi Kumar Sihag Family
On the other side, if we are talking about Ravi’s family, his mother’s name is Vimala Devi, and his father is Ramkumar Sihag, a modest farmer. In addition to this, he has three sisters: Komal Sihag, Raveena Sihag, and Poonam Sihag (Older Sister).
Ravi Sihag Education
Regarding Ravi Kumar Sihag’s education, he attended the New of Senior Secondary School in Vijayanagar, where he completed classes 11 and 12. And in 2016, he graduated from Maharaja Ganga Singh College in Rajasthan with degrees in political science, economics, and English lectures. He then began preparing for the UPSC after that.
Ravi Kumar Sihag UPSC (Optional Subject)
Ravi began his preparation for the UPSC in the year 2016 using Hindi as his primary language. He then took the exam for the first time in the following year, 2018, earning a 337th-ranking and an IAS cadre, and took it again in the following year, 2019, earning a 317-ranking and an IRTS cadre.
Ravi Kumar Sihag Journey from not clearing UPSC Mains to becoming Hindi Medium UPSC Topper
Following that, he attempted a third time in 2020, but failed to qualify for the UPSC Mains. Then, he attempted a fourth time in 2021, and this time, he succeeded through the Hindi medium and received the 18th position overall. As a result, he was given the IAS cadre.
Ravi Kumar Sihag Optional Subject
Since Ravi had studied in Hindi for his UPSC preparation, he decided to take Hindi literature as an optional subject.
Ravi Kumar Sihag 12th Marksheet
If you’d want to see Ravi Kumar Sihag’s grade report from the 12th grade, he hasn’t posted any formal details about it to his social media accounts, but he did graduate with a first-class grade.
Ravi Kumar Sihag Posting
Ravi Sihag is currently finishing his training in Pune, and you will be informed as soon as any formal information on his assignment becomes available.
Ravi Kumar Sihag Social Media (Twitter & Instagram)
If you’d like to follow Ravi on social media, you can do so by following the links to both his official Twitter and Instagram accounts, which are provided below.
FAQ about Ravi Kumar Sihag UPSC Topper?
Q. Who is Ravi Kumar Sihag?
Answer: Ravi Sihag received an All India Rank of 18 and cleared the Hindi Medium Civil Services Examination in 2021. In addition to this, he has a chance to succeed three times in the Civil Services Exam.
Q. Where did Ravi Kumar Sihag take coaching?
Answer: Drishti IAS Academy Delhi helped Ravi Sihag prepare for his Civil Services Examination.
Q. At what age Ravi Kumar Sihag become IAS?
Ans: As you are all aware, Ravi Sihag was born in 1995 and will be 26 years old when he sits for the UPSC exam in 2021.
Who is father of Ravi Kumar sihag?
He is a farmer. His father name is Ram Kumar Sihag.